INTERNAL VACANCY ONLY
At Boyne Smelters Limited (BSL) our vision is Proudly Australian operating beyond 2030. We will achieve our vision through developing our diverse team members to realise and achieve their full potential and building an inclusive workforce.
BSL offers competitive salary and additional employee benefits, including free Yaralla Lifestyle Package and subsidised private medical insurance.
Reporting to the Manager – Metal Products, the Specialist – Transport & Logistics will have accountability for BSL’s Wharf, Metal Pad and Haul Road operations. This is a highly technical and complex role responsible for:
- Leadership of a diverse team of BSL direct reports (10 team members) and a varying number of contractors (between 9 and 30 depending on shipping)
- Interaction with a large number of internal and external stakeholders including communications and consultation between RT Marine, RTA Logistics ad RTA Sales & Marketing
- Assisting in the development of efficient product shipment and distribution
- Planning and logistics for the shipping of metal – coordination of all product to destination (including truck sourcing and the shipping / scheduling plan for the site)
- Negotiation and management of contracts including liasing with the PacAl Procurement team, obtaining approvals, analysis of performance, reporting and initiating appropriate actions as required
- Preparation of budget performance, forecasts and local business unit / function plans
- Providing advice to the BSL Management team
To be considered for this role it is essential that you are able to display evidence of:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a team
- The ability to develop productive relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve through systematic approaches
- Effective planning, scheduling and prioritisation of tasks
If you possess the skills, experience and attributes outlined above and are dedicated to providing quality outcomes for the business, this role represents an ideal opportunity to develop your career.
Please note, internal recruitment guidelines must be followed and therefore you must notify your current leader of your application.